You have probably heard that getting to Mompos is “difficult” or “complicated”, or perhaps you are not sure as to where Mompos is located. Mompos is found in the department of Bolivar at just 5 hours from Cartagena and getting here is actually straightforward. Mompos is located within the confines of the Mompos Depression – a large area of wetlands – and is the largest freshwater island in South America. Its isolation has kept this jewel of colonial architecture well preserved and the town has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- 337: Two years left of President Duque in Colombia
- 336: Socially aware cooking classes in Medellin, Colombia
- 335: Latin Jazz from Bogotá to New York and beyond with the Gregorio Uribe Big Band
- 334: The Problem with the coastal cities of Colombia's Pacific
- 333: Life in the barrio San Francisco, Cartagena