You have probably heard that getting to Mompos is “difficult” or “complicated”, or perhaps you are not sure as to where Mompos is located. Mompos is found in the department of Bolivar at just 5 hours from Cartagena and getting here is actually straightforward. Mompos is located within the confines of the Mompos Depression – a large area of wetlands – and is the largest freshwater island in South America. Its isolation has kept this jewel of colonial architecture well preserved and the town has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- 300: Trojana: exploring Colombia's pornographic webcam industry
- 299: Charles Massey channels Kishore Kumar for us on the Colombia Calling podcast
- 298: Freelance foreign correspondent Dylan Baddour talks to Colombia Calling
- 297: Adam Isacson of WOLA speaks to Colombia Calling
- 296: The life of a freelance foreign correspondent in Colombia