You have probably heard that getting to Mompos is “difficult” or “complicated”, or perhaps you are not sure as to where Mompos is located. Mompos is found in the department of Bolivar at just 5 hours from Cartagena and getting here is actually straightforward. Mompos is located within the confines of the Mompos Depression – a large area of wetlands – and is the largest freshwater island in South America. Its isolation has kept this jewel of colonial architecture well preserved and the town has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
From the Blog
- 247: Bastards and Diablos, the movie screening in Bogotá with Dillon Porter
- 246: Medicinal Cannabis Production in Colombia with Mat Youkee
- 245: Talking Democracy and Displacement in Colombia with Asst Professor Abbey Steele
- 244: What is Fair Trade Coke? We Talk to Dutch Anthropologist Janneke Nijmeijer
- 243: Alternative Transport and Cycling in Bogotá with Chris Morfas