You have probably heard that getting to Mompos is “difficult” or “complicated”, or perhaps you are not sure as to where Mompos is located. Mompos is found in the department of Bolivar at just 5 hours from Cartagena and getting here is actually straightforward. Mompos is located within the confines of the Mompos Depression – a large area of wetlands – and is the largest freshwater island in South America. Its isolation has kept this jewel of colonial architecture well preserved and the town has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
From the Blog
- 233: What will happen to Colombia's peace deal under President Ivan Duque?
- 232: Colombia at the 2018 Football World Cup in Russia w/ Simon Edwards
- 231: The Presidential Election Results in Colombia
- 230: Protecting the Sierra Nevada and the Ciudad Perdida with Santiago Giraldo
- What to Eat, See, and Do in Santa Cruz de Mompox