You have probably heard that getting to Mompos is “difficult” or “complicated”, or perhaps you are not sure as to where Mompos is located. Mompos is found in the department of Bolivar at just 5 hours from Cartagena and getting here is actually straightforward. Mompos is located within the confines of the Mompos Depression – a large area of wetlands – and is the largest freshwater island in South America. Its isolation has kept this jewel of colonial architecture well preserved and the town has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
From the Blog
- 270: Amalgama: Female Latin American Art Exhibition in London
- 269: Storytelling for Business in Colombia
- 268: The British Legion in Colombia, Believers in South American Independence or Unruly Opportunists?
- 267: Tensions with the Government in Southwestern Colombia
- 266: Talking to Angus Macqueen, Director of the documentary on Ingrid Betancourt